Sunday, July 5, 2009

Is It God or You Doing The Choosing?

I know this blog won't sit well with MOST of you and it may upset MANY of you for me asking since I should not DARE to question statements like these and DISRUPT your FANTASY moment but WTF.

The  3 types of G's that causes many people to choose mates are:

- God (or so we claim such)
- Greed (the money or lifestyle UPGRADE is just too great to resist)
- Genitals (I'm horny)

This is NOT about anyone's religious or non-religious beliefs. This is about the POPULAR GOD SENT expression that is so often used when someone DESPERATELY wants to feel they have found THE ONE. It does not matter to me whether you BELIEVE or DON'T BELIEVE in God. What matters to me is YOUR behavior and how you TREAT others and RESPECT their belief or non-belief.

I find it to be A JOKE when so many males and females use the GOD SENT expression when they CLAIM to have been sent THE ONE. After that HEAVENLY MIRACLE has turned into a HELLISH SITUATION, I usually hear the EXCUSE, "God sent him/her to me for a season", "God sent him/her to me to teach me a lesson" or "God brought us together to create this beautiful child (or children)".

I received an email regarding a celebrity's ex-wife getting married. It is not important who he was or she is. What I found interesting and quite common are these words or something quite similar, "I kept praying to God to send someone" or "I heard a voice".

Here are the sentences that I noticed in the email, "I kept praying to God to send someone who loved God, my son and me, and then I heard a voice ask, 'What more do you want?'" admits Sheree. "I knew then he was The One."

This is not the first time someone has prayed to God to "send them someone" or "change that person's behavior who HE/SHE should HAVE NOT CHOSEN to begin with" and I am sure that it won't be the last. For those of you that have heard THE VOICE when you FELT you had finally met THE ONE after praying (or not praying), do you think it was God's voice or just your overwhelming desire to have THAT PARTICULAR PERSON?

THAT MYSTICAL VOICE:
If it was God's voice urging you on to that maital relationship, would God urge you on to a temporary situation that would eventually lead you to emotional trauma, physical abuse, separation and ultimate divorce?

Would God be so cruel and vicious to set you up, have a child or children and then divorce (for those who claim God sent that person) which is BAD for the children created during that marriage?

DID GOD instruct you to NOT engage in sex before marriage yet, in that same breath, TOLD YOU to NOT spend time with them if they DON'T spend money on you PRIOR TO MARRIAGE?

DID GOD tell you to keep YOUR LEGS CLOSED but make sure the other person keeps THEIR WALLET/PURSE OPEN to YOUR selfish attitude and inconsiderate desires?

DID GOD instruct you to NOT judge him/her buy the CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER but rather by the CONTENTS IN THEIR WALLET/PURSE?

LUST, DESPERATION, STUPIDITY and/or LIFESTYLE UPGRADE:

Since we all (excluding those that are mentally incapable) have the ability to make MATURE choices in our lives I believe that the PRIMARY driving force for the GOD SENT expression is based upon lust, desperation, stupidity and/or lifestyle upgrade.

- LUST - You are PHYSICALLY attracted and SEXUALLY motivated.

- DESPERATION - You want so badly to have a relationship with THAT PERSON as YOUR mate due to loneliness, society's pressure or family/friends pressure.

- STUPIDITY - You KNOW that relationship is not good for you but you enter into it anyway.

- LIFESTYLE UPGRADE - You want what HE/SHE has to make YOUR life better and more appealing.

QUESTION FOR THE FEMALES:

IF YOU CLAIM that God has sent him/her to you after you have found THE ONE, which EXCUSE will you use IF your relationship with that God sent person and YOU don't last?

- God sent him/her to me for a season
- God sent him/her to me to teach me a lesson
- God brought us together to create this beautiful child (or children)

Since I am out of touch in the RELATIONSHIP EXCUSE department, are there any NEW excuses that are out there that I need to know about?

CONCLUSION:

Can we simply AGREE that YOU made a choice based upon what YOU thought would benefit YOU, ENJOYED some (or all) of that time while it lasted and if didn't last it was based upon YOUR choice and not God bringing someone PLEASANTLY IN and UNPLEASANTLY OUT of YOUR life?

Can we simply AGREE that God DID NOT make you reject, avoid or turn away from that decent, GOOD PERSON who just happened to be the everyday, average person who probably would have given YOU more LOVE, HAPPINESS and SPIRITUAL PEACE-OF-MIND than you could have ever imagined instead of the one YOU FOOLISHLY selected?

YOU CHOSE
to reject, avoid, turn away from that decent person who would have really loved you in a genuine, non-materialistic (that means not trying to impress you with things or money) way.

As I said in the beginning, this may upset many of you but TRUTH and REALITY of YOUR poor choices in a mate, that DON'T LAST, is embarrassing to many and an EXTREMELY difficult pill to swallow.

2 comments:

  1. I have seen many a woman stroll down the aisle glowing because God sent them The One. Then five years later they are in divorce court ... if that long! Based on His alleged track record, it is obvious that God needs to get out of the husband business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jai, once again...you astound me with your provocative subject matter that's truly right on point...Ouch!

    This subject matter is just as much a "man" thing as well as a "woman" thing...

    Based upon the way you have written this and other thoughts on your Blog as well as the compliation of all our "past" conversations...

    I'm convinced you are one of the Lord's ministers who's been "Running" from his calling for a long time...so to speak...

    More on that later...

    Anyways, you have hit on a subject matter that has no easy answer...

    But...I will share a few explainations with imperical evidence from my own experience...as well as those I have witnessed throughout my short 48 years here on the planet!

    Yes it's true, Christians who are carnal (being more sensitive to earthly, fleshly, wordly things than spiritual things...) mask their spiritual immaturity (childish ways)
    with these types of "Christian speak"...

    Even Jesus said, "With your lips...you say you love me but your HEART...is far from me..."

    More later...

    Peace

    Herschel..."The One"

    ReplyDelete